Fascial stretch therapy (FST) is a unique treatment that helps improve mobility of your fascia in order to restore flexibility, decrease pain, and improve the strength and performance of your muscle. FST was originally designed for athletes to increase flexibility and range of motion and thereby reduce injury.
Your fascia is a thin connective tissue that surrounds muscles, bones, and joints. It is a fibrous network of tissue that connects almost every muscle, joint, nerve, and internal organs throughout the body. Trauma, inflammatory responses, and/or surgical procedures can create adhesions or myofascial restrictions that can produce large tensile pressures on pain sensitive tissues. Until these restrictions in the fascia are addressed, the pain or dysfunction that results from it, can persist or become chronic.
A Fascial Stretch Therapist is certified to evaluate their client, looking for any imbalances or restrictions in your muscles, joints, and fascia. Then using low intensity distraction of joints, breathing techniques, and your active movement, the therapist will slowly position your body to stretch the underlying fascia causing these restrictions or pain. This is usually done throughout the body and can result in immediate improvements in blood flow, increases in range of motion, and improved flexibility.
This is a full body therapy designed to:
- Increase range of motion
- Increase Strength
- Improve balance and coordination
- Improve flexibility
- Modulate (decrease) pain
- Decrease edema (swelling)
- Improve posture
- Correct Structural imbalances
- Improve function and quality of life
- Increase running speed
Contraindications to Stretching/Limitations:
- Recent fracture of a bone (broken bone)
- Acute inflammatory pain or infectious process in or around a joint is suspected or known.
- Diagnosed with or suspected osteoporosis
A typical FST therapy session is 50 minutes in length.
Fee is $75 per session
- Pre-paid Introductory offer first two sessions for $90. ($45.00 a session) Introductory offer is not transferable.
- Pre-paid Punch Card five sessions $300.00 ($60.00 a session.) Sessions must be completed within three months.
- Pre-paid Punch Card 10 sessions $500.00 ($50.00 a session.) Sessions must be completed within six months.
*The punch card sessions are transferable to immediate family members only.
You can always also contact Sharon at 1-866-85-Recover ext 2.
Click here to view our Massage Therapy Services page.